Tokenization platform & marketplace for digital assets in the sports industry
The first platform to democratize digital assets in the sports industry.
Sports D³ is a FinTech platform for the sports industry, which is cheaper to operate, faster to deliver results and overall more efficient than traditional capital markets or financial services industry. It is a 360°-degree solution that enables sports clubs and athletes to raise capital by following a simple step-by-step process i) to digitize assets on a public ledger, ii) securitize fractional ownership rights to the economic benefits of an asset, and iii) offering them for sale to a broad pool of millions of sports fans and investor (a.k.a. ‘fan-vestors’) in the form of a regulatory compliant Security Token Offering (STO) . Some of the platform features include:
STO Management Tools:
- Investor profile analysis & whitelisting
- Secure hosting of STO documentation
- Automation enabled by digital signatures
- Investment limits and restrictions,
- Tools to prevent majority stake accumulation
- STO progress tracking dashboards
- Investor relations and Marketing tools
- 24/7/365 customer support or dedicated Sherpa-advisor
Compliance Tools & Procedures:
- KYC/AML checks against OFAC and other databases
- Full ID Verification
- Wallet forensics
- Verification of investor accreditation status
- Wallet, Country, Entity level blocking capabilities
- Regulation CF, D, A+, S offerings support
- Marketing compliant with the financial promotion regime
- SS-20 Token Standard for compliance of transactions on the primary markets
- The database with business rules to ensure secondary trading compliance
“The Most Innovative Projects Will Involve The Tokenization Of Assets. This has nothing to do with cryptocurrencies or tokens used as a payment instrument on blockchain. Representing digital or physical assets as tokens on a DLT-based network allows participants to reinvent processes and develop new business models. This is uncharted territory from both a business and technology perspective.”
“Predictions 2019: Distributed Ledger Technology”. November 7, 2018.
How it works
Sports D³ platform and fractional ownership rights powered by DLT open previously closed markets, e.g. Football Transfer Markets, to millions of sports fans and new investors, making the sports industry truly democratized. Below are some of the benefits of the platform to various participants in the football and sports industry.
For Sports Clubs
- New markets and new investors
- Direct access to capital markets
- Cashflow management
- Liquidity without Seasonality
- Liquidity & Price Discovery mechanism
- New Level of Fan Engagement
- New Fan Community Management tools
- Funding for promising young athletes in the early days of career
- Ability to focus on training and results as a priority
- No working a double-shift in questionable employment
- No draining routine of begging sponsors for funding
- Raise funds, by-passing abusive intermediaries and costly agents
- Have fun with your Fans: they invested in you and are as loyal as family
For Fans & Investors
Over the past years, the sports industry have been shaped with unequal access to investment opportunities by its participants. With only 22 football clubs in the world traded publicly on the exchanges, average fans and investors were excluded from participation in this closed industry. Sports D³ mission is to empower fans & investors around the world by giving them access to investment opportunities that were not possible before DLT technology. Specifically,
- New Asset Class: investors can diversify their portfolio with Alternative Asset class
- Profit Participation: Fans get a REAL share by participating directly in the economic benefits of their team’s or athlete’s performance expressed in financial terms.
- Fan Engagement: Fans achieve a new level and participation once they become investors.
For Sports Industry & Football
- The democratization of the sports industry
- Growth in Football popularity among fans who are invested financially
- Growth as a result of attracted new capital into the industry
- Enable future of the sports by supporting young athletes
- Disintermediation and fixing excessive agent commissions
- Bring greater liquidity to eliminate market inefficiencies
- Normalization of market forces by removing asymmetries
“New technologies have radically altered front-office functions for investment banks, bringing unprecedented efficiency gains and new business opportunities.”
“Blockchain Technology: Preparing for change.”
The promise of DLT
Advances in DLT technology triggered the origination of a nascent industry of Security Token Offerings (or STOs), which provides sports clubs, athletes, fans and investors with a new range of opportunities to invest and raise capital. Essentially, Security Tokens are converted rights to an asset or to an economic benefit in the form of a programmable token powered by self-executing smart contract on a blockchain.
By definition, Security Token Offerings are fully regulatory compliant with full investor protection under existing securities laws and regulations, which makes STO very different from ICO.
In 2018 Token Offerings, accounted for 11%+ of the global IPO market and are effectively posing a challenge to the current status quo in the financial services industry. According to the World Economic Forum, 10% of global gross domestic product (GDP) will be stored on blockchain technology by 2027. Trillions of dollars of assets and securities are expected to transition to distributed ledgers in the next 5-10 years.
What advantages does DLT technology offer over the traditional financial services industry and capital markets? Here is what you need to know.
Token Offerings' Share
of Global IPO Market today
of Global GDP will be
stored on blockchain by 2027
24/7/365 Market Access
READY FOR THE NEXT STEP?
Join the #SportsDemocracy Conversation
Connect with Sports D³ community of clubs, athletes, fans and investors on social media.